2008/11/02

Philip by Dad


So, I was working on this one at the same time as my self portrait assignment, since my son is so much of me, I think a picture of me is incomplete without one of him. My self portrait is too gloomy anyway. Kind of different this painting. Speaks for itself. This is how I see my son. Full of energy and enthusiasm. Expressive and innocent. I started this painting back in march, I was somewhat out of wack then, and the painting was stiff and , well just was going in a bad direction. So I put it away for months, then I got back into it last week with a totally different mindset, and it turned out just how I wished it to be. I realy enjoyed doing this painting, it has alot of meaning for me. He is my son and my sun. The light was the main tool in this one, and I love working with it. I wanted it to surround him and eminate from him, I think I was somewhat succesful. I udes several photo refs for this, as well a sketching from life. The main pic I used I took a year and a half ago, for a 3 year old thats a big difference in appearence. Since I wanted to paint him the way he is today, it was a bit a of a challange. 

1 comment:

ddd said...

Yeahh this one is totally awesome!
I like it a lot!