2008/09/30

Spinning The dreams Of Oneness by Alex



This was such a little journey of painting exploration. I had an image in mind, and focues on the persian miniature style, specially I was influenced by the master pieces of Alijanpour. I remebered watching these dancers, and feeling their flowing rythems, I was also watching video clips of sufi dancers for the reference, and could not do a static painting while looking at those swirling dreamers. So, I continued swirling with them. My brush was swirling constantly, in circles like the dancers, only stopping to reload my brush. The result was a surprise, as was the feeling while I was painting. I was high, but not on drugs, or drink.  perhaps this is close to their goal also. Originaly, I was planning to have flowers as motifs in background, going with a typical pattern in Persian miniature style, but the brush swirls seemed so natural that I kept on that path. Also, this is literaly a miniature, the didgital image here is twice the size of the original oil. Like Dado, I also tried to blend old style and inovate it in a new way. I hope its pleasing, @ colordoodledump.


4 comments:

ddd said...

You put lots of emotions and feeling into your artwork.. One thing I always admired about you is that you are honest and truth to yourself in your paintings. Same goes with this piece, and I just learned something from you. Thank you

Alexander Vasolla said...

Thanx, but what did you learn?

ddd said...

Well, the fact that you keep your vision focused and flowing in the direction that you want to move towards...

adnan omar said...

for me i learn that u r commited to art nd ur cofused nd this is very important thing in a painter